Monday, July 7, 2008

'We did it!!!"


I was really worried about the 2 yr old boy I saw yesterday that I called up their house. I was told that the child's fever went down at midnight and the swelling did not progress. The child is up and about with no fever. I asked them why they didn't care to visit me when I asked them to. They said they decided to bring the child to me after the 7-day regimen and that it's raining hard today. True. Everyday at 5pm, rain would pour down heavily only to stop after two hours.

For a doctor, sometimes you feel uneasy knowing that there's a patient you really don't know will respond well with the medication you give. Many times I end up calling them asking them how they are. What's frustrating is the culture of not going back or not telling the doctor how you're doing when you're told specifically to follow up. This is one stress I have to put up with each night.

But, who am I to demand anyway. What comforts me is the fact that again, to God, who blessed me with healing knowledge, "We did it again!" . I always work each day offering everything to God. I see patients with Him. I treat them with Him. They can call me charismatic but even if I don't show it, I live my life knowing that everything I do depends on God. One big Bravo! to the God I lean on....and a lot of thanks!

No comments: